14 April 2008

Nice to be home

Well, I never thought I'd be saying this - but it's nice to be home. Don't get me wrong, I miss everyone from last weeks camp so much. There will always be a few that are always near and dear to my heart... and I hope it remains that way. The only reason I am happy to be home is the food. The food at the camp was okay, but really bland and boring. It's nice to be able to be cooking again! Last night I had a pretty simple dinner ... just roasted potatoes & herbs, balsamic chicken and green beans. But it was nice to have properly seasoned food. My palate was quite appreciative of that. Lol.

Re-entry into school was hard today. The first word out of one of my friends mouths today was chink. Then, the more I listened the more of the derogatory words I started hearing. I didn't think Diefenbaker really had a problem - by words like "gay" and variations of "retard" are too common. It really sucks to hear, I find it relatively depressing. I was able to get together with my school group today (minus Sophie - rugby meeting, and Neil - just not there) and that was great. I missed hanging out with those guys. I missed hanging out with mature people who understood all the reasons why we shouldn't be using language like that.

No comments: